Welcome to my pregnancy blog! I've heard some women tend to forget things, or miss out on what they're going through now, so I'm using my normal blog as my pregnancy journal. Thank you for joining me on this journey with my twins!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Nineteen Weeks Five Days/Two Mangoes

Hmmm ... I'm starting to see a pattern. Missed out on eighteen weeks. No sweet potatoes here! I'd really hoped that I'd be able to keep up to my once-a-week posting, but since this is the third I've missed, it looks like that's not going to happen.

Last week I felt the first movements! Nothing huge, just what felt like two little bubble pops against my right side. I was so unsure if it was actually them, I didn't have much excitement. This week I've had some "muscle twitches" movements and more what I can only call "little tickles" one early morning. So right side, middle, and left side respectively. At least I know I've felt both of them! It's almost secretive - something that only I can experience. Ben tried holding my tummy one night, and even when I told him it was too early for him to feel anything (and that I didn't even feel any movements right then), all he could say was "Hush." It's so cute watching him. The way that he fawns over us just melts my heart. He's going to be such a good daddy. I honestly could not have wound up with a more perfect husband. <3

Monday I was scheduled for an anatomic screening at DKH. Of course, after waiting for 45 minutes, I was told that they don't do screenings for twins there, and then was sent home. Feeling all sorts of frustrated, I went to Wal*Mart and chatted with Nikki and proceeded to buy a pack of yellow onesies. The first baby purchase I've made! I'm proud that I made it past my half way mark before buying anything for them. Yes, I've made blankets, but the yarn had already been purchased. So I somehow managed to wait until my second half of pregnancy before spending money! I still wound up having a bit of a rough evening. When I have an upcoming appointment, my stress starts rising. My mind begins its route through everything that could have gone wrong without my knowledge. Seeing them on the screen is such an ease to my heart, and I'm able to make it through the next two weeks before I begin to worry again. Monday morning I'd been all ramped up, but never got the release of knowing that they were fine. My stress just continued until the Thursday appointment in Hartford. After crying Wednesday night, and Thursday morning, the drive through rush-hour traffic just made my panicky self even more jumpy. Thank God Ben was with me, and the one driving. I never would have handled the traffic.

Turns out the Thursday appointment was an anatomic screening. So the one with DKH was completely un-necessary and only served to make my emotions fly all over the place. It was the longest appointment I've had to date, and it seemed like every bone had its picture taken and then got measured. One of the cutest things we saw was Nemo stretch and arch his back just like Mommy does. Little spines lit up the screen, profiles looking just as cute as ever. It really is amazing what they can see nowadays! And, lucky for us, both of them decided to cooperate and position themselves so the sonogram could pick up on gender. We've got two little boys on their way! Ben and I both felt a moment of disappointment, since we'd been hoping for one of each. But less than thirty seconds later, we were just thrilled. I'm so glad we found out now - I would hate to look back on when they were born and remember that I was disappointed. Even for a second. Now we've got ourselves prepared. Ben had said that he'd been looking forward to having his little princess, but he's so happy about the boys. One of his first thoughts was that he didn't have to worry about needing to murder some stupid teenage guy who broke his little girl's heart. At least not with these two, lol. The last really cool thing that happened was that they were able to give us a 3D picture of Nemo. Nudge wasn't in the right postion for it, but Nemo's face is just so cute!! Adorable already!! We're just too happy. If they don't completely wear me out and things work out right, we can always try for a girl later on. I told Ben it would depend on how these two little rascals run circles around Mommy. I could very well just be too tired to even think of another. He just nodded and said he'd know the look of "I want a baby" when it came into my eyes. Psh. Like he knows whats going to happen. :P (We all know he's gonna be right...haha)

So once we got home and shared the news with everyone, we had our first Childbirthing Class that night. It was interesting. Slides and information, and then a tour of the birthing center. We're the only ones with twins, and my old boss is in the same class, but it's still going to be really good. I got this pain in my side - I think from standing too long/walking around the center. The rooms are amazing ... so homey! Definitely not the sterile white portrayed in TV and movies. Once we sat down, it was so much better. The pain pretty much disappeared. After a nervous week, I slept awesome last night.

The boys have new nicknames already. Matt wants us to name them Chaos and Mayhem (LOL!), and I've taken to calling them Bubs and Bubbas when we're alone ... when I'm alone... We still refer to them as Nemo and Nudge, but Ben asked if we'd start calling them by their names. I said no only because we won't know which one is which until we see them and can give them the name that fits. I find myself even more anxious for their birth date. I can't wait to see the little faces of my two precious boys.

Micah Samuel and Darius Isaiah, Mommy and Daddy love you immensely already!

No comments: